This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Upgrade path?

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I have a rather complex survey that was developed in 1.0 that I would like to deploy on 1.2 but I can't seem to get there from here. If I export the survey as XML from 1.0 and try to import it into 1.2 I get errors. And I cannot seem to find any database scripts to upgrade a 1.0 database to 1.2. Is there a way to do this?

Here is the error I get in 1.2 when I try to import the XML

"Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints."

TIA!

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately the following information can be found at the Documentation section:

Instructions "Survey 1.2.0 Install package" - Upgrade Installation

- No special upgrade package is available;
- Because of the many changes to the 1.2.0 version we advise to fully replace the 1.1.0 database and webfiles with the 1.2.0 version;
- Surveys created in 1.1.0 can be exported to XML and imported into the 1.2.0 version. Manual corrections to the XML files may be necessary; 

To upgrade the 1.0 database (based on Nsurvey 1.6) to the 1.2 version (based on nsurvey 1.9) you would need to compare the sql scripts for both versions and then apply the differences/ changes  to the 1.0 based database. Because this may not be easy it is advised to start from scratch with the 1.2. version. With future versions we hope to avoid this situation and deliver an upgrade version as well.

Concerning the xml errors, if you don't mind sending a copy of the xml file, we will a have a look to see how to import it into a 1.2 verion.  Mail to: survey@surveyproject.info 

For future questions could you please make use of the Forums at: http://www.surveyproject.info
This is were knowledge can best be shared.

Kind regards
Fwsmaster 

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Wow I looked all over for information like this but I guess I missed it. Thank you!