Extending SurveyProject with Custom Widgets

Topics: General '15
Nov 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to use SurveyProject and on our project we also use Telerik RAD AJAX Controls. What I would like to do is to be able to add the Telerik controls in place of the ASP.NET/HTML controls currently drawn on each survey page. 

From what I have gleaned from the source code, this is not a trivial task; it looks like it involves a whole object model (and database records) I would need to add for each different type of control. 

That said, does anyone know if this would be actually possible given that C# does not allow multiple (class) inheritance?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Kevin Parkinson

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Hello Kevin,

For formal licensing reasons the Telerik RAD AJAX controls are  not used and supported by the Survey Project. The SP sources are published under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3). The Telerik ajax controls are licensed commercially:  http://www.telerik.com/purchase/license-agreement/ajax.aspx.

The Telerik license is not compatible with the SP licensing which obliges you to publish and share the sources of any changes or new version of the SP tool you create. The Telerik licence only allows for limited redistribution and not sharing any sources.

To have your general technical question answered (replace asp.net controls with Telerik) we would suggest to consult the Asp.net forums or the Telerik websites.

Kind regards,
SP coordinator