Added to the Source Code repository is a
Change Set abbce8a8376b. This is where you can download the sources for Survey v. 2.0.
To get free versions of the Microsoft software to work on this project go to :
Brief instructions on how to install the Survey WAP project (for more information check the documentation or the survey projectsite):
Survey v. 2.0 Web Application Project
Installation instructions for MS Visual Web Developer 2010 Express:
1. Download sourcecode from the Mercurial Master repository
- to make sure you have the proper changeset go to the Downloads section for Survey 2.0 Stable. Click the Change Set code to go to the repository. Click the Download button to get the complete sourcefiles.
- save the source code to a directory from where you want to start developing the application (unblock the zipfile, unzip, set read/write options, use administrator account)
2. Create a Mssqlserver database (only 2008 or >):
- use sql scripts: Survey20_NewDBInstall.sql or Survey2.0_ExistingDBInstall.sql
- scripts can be found at SurveyWAP/_SqlDatabase directory
2b. Adjust the web.config file in the SurveyWAP webroot
- set database connection (mssql server, dbasename, username, password)
- adjust mailserver settings (smtp server, username, password)
3. Create an IIS (6 or >) webapplication (.NET 4.0 integrated):
- default url: http://localhost/surveyproject
- in case of a different sitename (url) change the SurveyWAP.csproj file (see <IISUrl>http://localhost/SurveyWAP</IISUrl>) in the SurveyWAP directory
4. Start MS Visual Web Developer 2010 Express
- in case of making direct use of a local webserver: start Ms VWD Express as Administrator (right click)
- open the NSurvey_WebAdmin.sln solution file
- 7 projects + 1 webapplication should now open
- right click Solution 'Nsurvey_Webadmin' (8 projects): select build solution
- check the output and errorlist to make any corrections (e.g. check or repair references)
Note: warnings can be ignored.
5. Once the solution and projects are up and running you can start programming and developing.
- for any further instructions on how to share your code and changes please check the Surveyproject websites at:
Any questions can be posted to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
6. More backgroundinformation on the use and development of Web Application Projects can be found at:
Note: Survey (v.1.2.3) source code .chm help files can be downloaded at