This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

I can´t deploy Nsurvey

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Hi, I'm a newbie at this but I need to install Nsurvey at my DNN4 Site. Please I need a light from you guys because I'm quite lost with that. I've download Nsurvey 1.2.1 but it doesn't work. And another question, I don't want to create another DB, I need to add the Nsurvey tables to my current DNN DB, how can I do that? Because what I've seen is that I need to create anothervirtual directory and another database, like it would be another site. In a few word, i need to mash my DNN site and the NSurvey working as a module at my site, again, how can I do that?

Thank you guys in advance.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Hello,

Can you please check the Survey Community site: http://www.surveyproject.info/Forums/tabid/107/forumid/4/postid/33/scope/posts/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Kind regards
Fwsmaster

Jul 13, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Hello, I saw the survey community, that's a bad news that it hasn't integration on DNN 4 or 5. I saw it integrated in a DNN3.x website where I used to work, that's why I thought It was a simple installation. What I did is to follow the instructions in order to create a site with the Survey and with a new database, but the when i put http://localhost/survey/survey.aspx it shows me this: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. What could I've been doing wrong here? Regards.
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Hello,

In the past there was a special version of Nsurvey created that could be installed as a (NSurvey)module in DotNetNuke 3.*. There never was a similar version or DNN module for Dotnetnuke 4.* or 5.*. It is one of the ambitions of the Surveyproject to create a modernised DNN module in the future. For now Survey is still a stand alone web application.

The error you see may be caused by the fact that you try to point to ... /survey.aspx before a survey was created. First go to .. / default.aspx to log into the administration tool. Create a survey and then you can access the survey you created.

Hope this works.

Kind regards,
Fwsmaster