Install instruction

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:39 AM
Do I need to connect to TFS to share the code ? If not, how is the code shared ? I don't have MS SQL 2005 or 2008. Can I use the express edition ? Thanks.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2011 at 11:02 AM

To share code for now please use the issue tracker and/ or patch options (guidelines on how to use the TFS connection will follow).
The free express editions of 2005 or 2008 are perfectly fine.

Kind regards
Fwsmaster

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:26 AM
I see. Thanks.

When I downloaded the Survey code from tag Survey 1.2.3 and extracted all the files, I can't locate the NSurvey_WebAdmin sln file ? In the Survey project in Codeplex, I selected the 'source code' tab and then selected the link Survey 1.2.3 dated May 21. However, when I selected 'download' from this 'source code', it downloaded both the 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 tags. This download contains the the NSurvey_WebAdmin sln file. But, when I load this file in Visual Web Developer 2010 Express, I got an error loading the SurveyWAP.csproj. It said it couldn't find the part of the path for this file ? I created a virtual directory in IIS7 for this project. I have Windows 7 and .NET 4.0. Do you know what am I missing ?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 5, 2011, at 7:02 PM, "fwsmaster"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

To share code for now please use the issue tracker and/ or patch options (guidelines on how to use the TFS connection will follow).
The free express editions of 2005 or 2008 are perfectly fine.

Kind regards
Fwsmaster

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Hi,

- Like you noticed it's not possible to download a single tag or branche. Once you select a Change Set and click Download it will download all current files the repository. After downloading you can select the proper files.
- The Change Set linked to the Survey 1.2.3. release source code (TAG directory) does contain a solution file in the root directory.
- To install the solution please check the instructions at the Documentation page: Installation In case of any errors can you please send the full description?
- One option to check in the csproj file is the name of the virtual directory you've created in IIS

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Fwsmaster

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:47 AM
Hi,

Following the instructions at the Documentation page, I get the errors in the attached sqlerror file when executing the Survey123_NewDBInstall.sql. Also, I have created a virtual directory in IIS as http://localhost/SurveyWAP. This points to my physical path c:\users\kenho\documents\Jackie\tag\survey-1.2.3 directory. I have Windows 7, IIS7, .NET 4.0, and Visual Web Developer 2010 Express.

When I open the NSurvey_WebAdmin SLN project file in Visual Web Developer 2010 Express, I still get the error in attached file projectError. Will the sqlerror prevent the SurveyWAP.csproj from opening ?

Thanks again.
Jackie

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 10:31:09 -0700
Subject: Re: Install instruction [survey:260228]

Hi,

- Like you noticed it's not possible to download a single tag or branche. Once you select a Change Set and click Download it will download all current files the repository. After downloading you can select the proper files.
- The Change Set linked to the Survey 1.2.3. release source code (TAG directory) does contain a solution file in the root directory.
- To install the solution please check the instructions at the Documentation page: Installation In case of any errors can you please send the full description?
- One option to check in the csproj file is the name of the virtual directory you've created in IIS

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Fwsmaster
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (survey@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email survey@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Jun 9, 2011 at 7:22 AM
The problem did relate to the virtual path I created. I didn't point it to the correct location of where the SurveyWap project was related. After this correction, the project loads correctly.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 8, 2011, at 1:31 AM, "fwsmaster"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Fwsmaster